page 119 in the book
onion, parsley, and garlic in a little water over medium heat until onions
2 add mushrooms and vinegar and continue to sautÈ until
mushrooms are soft. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
Add oil and stir.
3 sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir. Add
hot vegetable stock and stir until sauce thickens. Set aside
4 boil noodles until they reach the desired doneness
(see note). Drain and toss with sauce and garnish with red and
yellow bell peppers if using. Serve hot.
Note: for a little
additional flavor, cook the noodles in vegetable stock as well.
1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup hot vegetable stock
- 6 ounces bow-tie pasta
1/4 cup finely chopped red and yellow bell pepper for garnish (optional)