page 122-123 in the book
1 boil the rice along with slivered almonds
according to package directions until tender. Rinse and strain. Set aside.
2 saute the pineapple in peanut oil and a little water for 3 to 4
minutes. Add carrots and currants and continue to saute for another 5 minutes over
medium heat. Add rice and toss.
3 begin adding seasonings, shoyu first, tasting for saltiness.
The amount of shoyu and curry poder can be adjusted to your personal taste.
Make sure rice is well mixed. Serve immediately.
Return to recipes
- 3/4 cup brown and wild rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 2 tablespoons unrefined peanut oil
- 1 1/3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons currants (or raisins)
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons shoyu (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Generous sprinkling of paprika
- Dash of nutmeg
||Home||About the Show||Regina's Desk||
||Our Regular Guests||The Book||PBS||
copyright 1998, Regina Campbell