Olive Pasta & Fresh Fig and Baby Spinach Salad
page 168-169 in the book
1 cook the pasta to desired doneness.
Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
2 sautÈ olives, peppers, and garlic in a little water over medium
heat until peppers are soft.
3 in a small bowl, mix cayenne, paprika (use 2 to 3 dashes), and
salt with the flour. Add oil to vegetables. Sprinkle flour mixture over the
olive and peppers and stir. continue cooking over low heat for a few seconds.
4 add the pasta and toss until all noodles are coated and olives
are spread throughout. Toss the Parmesan cheese into pasta at the last minute and
Return to recipes
- 6 ounces
thin pasta (capellini)
- 1/2 cup green olives, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- Dash of cayenne
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese