page 110-111 in the book
1 heat oven to 400 degrees F
2 cook lasagna noodles until tender. Drain, rinse, and set
3 sautÈ vegetables in butter and a little water until tender.
Add herbs and continue to cook for another minute or so.
4 add vinegar and vegetable stock and cook for 1 minute. Add
half-and-half and continue to cook until sauce begins to thicken. Do not overcook as
moisture is needed for the lasagna. Season with salt to taste.
5 on the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish, layer 1/3 of the
noodles. Spoon 1/3 of the mushroom mixture on top of noodles. Sprinkle 1/3 of
the shredded Gouda and repeat process starting with the lasagna noodles until all
ingredients are used up.
6 bake for 25 minutes until heated through. Serve hot.
Return to recipes
- 3 layers
lasagna noodles (about 3 noodles per layer)
- 1 pound mixed variety mushrooms
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (including at least 2 inches of the greens)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or 1/4 cup fresh chopped)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda, grated
||Home||About the Show||Regina's Desk||
||Our Regular Guests||The Book||PBS||
copyright 1998, Regina Campbell