CHEVRE STUFFED PORTOBELLA
CAKES WITH CASHEWS
all recipes below
STUFFED PORTOBELLA MUSHROOMS
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Using a mushroom brush or soft
terry cloth, brush away any debris from the mushroom caps.
- Brush the mushroom caps inside and outside with a small amount of
olive oil and balsamic vinegar that have been whisked together.
- Combine the ricotta, feta and milk, mixing well by hand or with a
food processor, until light and smooth.
- Add the salt, parsley and chives.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and nuts. Drizzle the
melted butter over them and mix well to coat evenly.
- Spread equal portions of the cheese mixture into the mushroom caps.
Sprinkle a generous amount of the bread crumb mixture over the top to
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of greens, plain or tossed first in a vinaigrette of
- 4 medium size Portobella mushroom caps
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 4 Tb. French Feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 Tb. milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tb. chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tb. toasted bread crumbs
- 2 Tb. finely chopped and toasted pistachio nuts
or Nut Nuggets (see below)
- 4 tsp. melted butter
- leafy greens of choice
CAKES WITH CASHEWS
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the rice, stirring often, cook
until the rice is done.
- Add the cheese and salt, stir and set aside.
- SautÈ the green onions for about 2-3 minutes in 1 Tb. of butter
over medium heat until tender.
- Add the rice mixture and cashews to the pan and stir well.
- In a sautÈ pan over medium-high heat, melt the 1/2 Tb. butter and
coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- With clean hands, form patties of about 2 Tb. of the mixture. Place in the sautÈ pan and cook until golden on both sides.
Serve immediately. Can be served with paper thin slices of apple and
- 2 cups vegetable broth- 3/4 cup Arborio rice, cooked until
- 2/3 cup grated Grana Pedano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, finely sliced half
way up the green portion
- 1 Tb. butter
- 1/4 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tb. butter for the pan
For More Information on how to order Nut Nuggets and Nut Flour contact
California Press by email: email@example.com
or phone: (707)944-0343
back to recipes
|| About the Show || Regina's Desk ||
|| Our Regular Guests || Resources || PBS ||
copyright 2000, Regina Campbell